Health Benefits of Walnut
1. Important tool for losing weight-
Walnuts are perfect for meeting the satiety factor of a weight management plan. This but is ‘dense in calories, and hence, the right nut that helps in losing weight.
2. Improves sleep-
Walnuts contain melatonin. Since this compound is already synthesized by our body, intake of walnuts induces sleep by raising levels of melatonin in the blood. It is for this reason consumption of walnuts induces sleep.
3. Combats heart disease-
Being rich in antioxidants, Walnuts are extremely effective in preventing heart. They destroy free radicals. These nuts also contain high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that produce good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol.
4. Lower the risk of diabetes-
Walnuts do wonders in lowering the risk of diabetes. Consumption of 28 grams of walnuts in a week reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes up to 24%.
5. Boosts sperm quality-
Consumption of 2.5 ounces of walnuts every day enhances the quality of semen in men. In addition, it improves the motility morphology and vitality of sperm in men aging between 21 and 35.
6. Can ward off dementia
– Walnuts have high amounts of flavonoids and vitamin E that help in destroying harmful free radical chemicals causing dementia. Moreover, these nuts have the power of preventing Alzheimer disease. Also, read how walnuts help you keep your brain healthy.
7. Prevents pancreatic cancer-
According to a study consumption of walnuts, reduces the risk of pancreatic cancer. Consuming a one-ounce of walnuts per week reduces the risk of pancreatic cancer significantly and boosts sex life.
8. Longer life span
– A handful of walnuts thrice will increase your life span. According to a research, walnut eaters boast 39 per cent lesser death risk. However, other nuts also have life span increasing properties, but walnuts are most effective in this regard.
9. Great for mothers-to-be-
As Walnut is rich in fatty acids it is great for pregnant women. It reduces the possibilities of food allergies in the babies. As per the researchers, if a mother-to-be consumes polyunsaturated fatty acids the gut of the foetus develops differently.
10. Stress Buster-
This is one of best health benefits of Walnut. They are a rich source of antioxidants, unsaturated fatty acids, and fibre. They are also a good source of alpha linolenic acid. These nutrients make walnuts an amazing stress combater.